How to Apply
Applicants apply through the School of Graduate Studies online application portal system.
- If you are a first-time applicant, begin your application by clicking the Register link under “New Applicants.” You will create a personal profile, and a 12-digit Applicant Number and Password will be sent to you at the email address you provide. If you choose to submit your application in one sitting, it will take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete.
- You may save your progress and log out at any time; enter your Applicant Number and Password in the “Returning Applicants” section below to log back in later to complete your application.
- You can upload ALL your application materials, including unofficial electronic transcripts, letter of intent, resume, through your applicant status portal after submitting your application profile and paying the SGS application fee.
- Please note that the system will not allow you to submit your letter of intent, until you “submit” your profile and pay the application fee. Once you have done this you can return to your application and upload your letter of intent to complete the application requirements.
- You will be required to enter contact information for three referees. At least two must be academic references and the contact email must be their institutional email address. Your referees will receive a notification email that they have been requested to complete a reference for your application, along with instructions to submit their reference letter via the application system.
- To view the status of your application, including outstanding requirements, please log in to your account to view your applicant status portal.
The SGS application fee is currently 125.00 CAD.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the required documentation is received by the MFI Graduate Office by the application deadline. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED EVEN IF YOU HAVE PAID THE APPLICATION FEE.
If you’re having any difficulty setting up your account, please contact to the School of Graduate Studies admissions team.