Applicants apply through the School of Graduate Studies online application system.
• If you are a first-time applicant, click the link to Create an Account to begin your application. You will receive a verification code via email as part of the account creation process. After entering your verification code, you will create a password for your account.
• You may save and return to the application at any point in the process.
• You will be required to enter information for three referees. Your referees will automatically receive a notification email that they have been requested to complete a reference for your application, along with instructions to submit their reference letter in the application system.
• If you need to change your referees, please get in touch with the graduate administrator.
• If you need to send a reminder email to your existing referees, you can do so through your applicant portal after submitting your application.
• To view the status of your application, including outstanding requirements, please log in to your account to view your applicant status portal.
• You can upload application materials, including unofficial transcripts, letter of intent, resume, and more, through your applicant status portal after submitting your application.
The application fee is currently 125.00 CAD.
Late applications may be accepted, at the discretion of the department, but applicants are advised that there may not be any places remaining for applications received after the deadline.
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that the following documentation is received by the MFI Graduate Office by the application deadline:
- A letter of intent or personal statement (limited to 500 words explaining their interest in finance and insurance and objectives for the program. Applicants should also explain how their background is appropriate.
- Current resume/CV.
- Electronic copies of transcripts are required at the time of application. If you are successful at gaining admissions, only then will we require official copies to be mailed to the department.
- Three letters of recommendation, to be submitted electronically by your referees through the online application system.
- Applicants whose primary language is not English and graduated from a university where the language of instruction and examination was NOT English, must demonstrate facility in English using one of the official methods as outlined in the Calendar of the School of Graduate Studies. Acceptable tests and required scores are listed here. Department Code: 0982. Official copies of your English proficiency scores. Unofficial copies may be included with your application while waiting for the official ones to arrive.
- Selected applicants may be required to attend an interview